Sunday, December 13, 2009

One Stop Shop for Writing


This weekend, I went to Bass Pro Shop for the first time. Oh my gosh, I couldn't believe the size and everything that was there. Anything you could want for the outdoors was at your fingertips!

I wanted to share a very useful website that I was introduced to recently. WritingFix.com is the Bass Pro Shop for Writing. This website has just about anything you want for your Writer's Workshop. Some of my favorite things are the lesson ideas for using different picture books, the plethora of prompt ideas, and the ideas for using writing across the curriculum.

If you are stuck in a rut and need some fresh ideas to try in your Writer's Workshop, I recommend that you hop on over to http://www.writingfix.com/.
P.S. - On a writing side note, I will be getting the Lucy Calkins "Units of Study" very soon and I can't wait to try some of her ideas and share some of the highlights on here. I'm also getting some Science and Social Studies books, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment