Thank you for checking out my blog! Let me give you a little more information about what this is all about.
I needed a project for my yearly professional growth plan. In the past, I've always done what my team has done, but this year I wanted something different. Also, projects have always been geared towards the students (which I'm not saying is a bad thing), but I still was in search of something to spark my interest. I listen to so many teachers (new and experienced) in my building talk about how they need a new idea or how they want to become better at something so the lightbulb flipped on in my head. Why not start a place where teachers can come for ideas and share ideas with others and would always be accessible at the touch of a button? It took me a while to think of a appropriate, catchy name, but then I heard one of my students - yes, one of my third graders - talking about tweeting on Twitter. The name kinda stuck in my head and here we are!
My vision for this blog is for teachers to be able to find a new idea to try with their students and for me to find ideas from other teachers. I encourage you to try things and share your ups and downs. You many even give me an idea of how I can improve on something I do!
I'm looking up update my blog each Saturday or Sunday so you'll be able to learn on the weekends in your PJs or in the comfort of your classroom. Here are somethings I plan on blogging on...
- Differentiating homework without making 25 different assignments
- Reading and Writing Conferences
- Math games to reinforce concepts
- Interesting websites and web finds
- Working in a Reader's and Writer's Workshop
- Lessons I've had success with in my room
- Guest bloggers that have had a success they want to share.
- Using Interactive Notebooks to help students organize learning in Science and Social Studies
- Useful books and resources
- Using technology to enhance learning
- Things that my students like about our room and want to share with you - yes, my students LOVE to talk about the things they do...just ask my kids from last year that ran one of my teacher trainings. Such hams! :-)
Check back often! If there is something in particular you want to know more about, just let me know and I'll write a post about it! Hope to see you around!